A Diddakoi is a Gypsy outside the Romany tribes and of mixed blood. It is also the name of a book by Rumer Godden about a young Gypsy girl.
Allright, that was the easy answer.
My name is Kay and I live in Philadelphia, PA. I am a Reinsurance Broker, which means that my clients are insurance companies and my job is to help them transfer some of their risk to other companies. I currently live in a condo on a converted Municipal Pier on the Delaware River in Center City Philadelphia, but a couple of years ago I began a renovation of a warehouse in the Northern Liberties section of the city. It. . . is . . . coming . . . along. Please see
The HOUSE section for plans, photos, etc.
- I am an only child.
- My parents are two of the finest people I have ever met.
- I have a great family on both sides - wonderful aunts, uncles and cousins.
- I was born and raised in Southern California. ? OK, Los Angeles. ? Well, Orange County. ? City of Orange. Right near Disneyland. "Ahhhh..."
- And yes, I worked at The Magic Kingdom in High School and College. No, I wasn't Mickey Mouse. I was a Culinary Hostess at the Tomorrowland Terrace. I wish I had a picture of the costumes we had to wear - ouch.
- I was/still am horse crazy! My parents gave me a horse for my 15th birthday, and although I currently don't have one, I'm sure that at some point in my life I shall have one again.
- My current equine hunger is satisfied with a collection of Hagen Renaker model horses.
- I went to college at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly) to become a veterinarian.
- I ended up with a BS in Agricultural Business Management, and an MBA in International Marketing.
- After Graduate School I moved to Philadelphia. Why? I was kidnapped, drugged and put on an airplane against my will. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
- I am owned by a cat named Suki who loves me, and a bunch of Koi that live in mortal fear of me. I guess that balances out.
- I have not owned a car for over twelve years.
- I travel quite a bit for my job, and I think nothing of going halfway around the world for my holidays.
- Winter and I do NOT get along. I am definitely a warm weather person
- I enjoy scuba diving, bicycling, inline skating, cooking, good wine, photography, gardening, reading, writing, but no arithmetic.
- I am one of the most fortunate people I know. I have an interesting job that is challenging and lets me work with some great people, I live in a city that I enjoy (aside from that winter thing), and I am blessed with a wonderful family and terrific friends who care about me and make my life so fulfilling.
I hope that you enjoy the site. Feedback? Fire away!